GroovaRoo is more than a dance or exercise class (although you will get a good workout). GroovaRoo is a community of fun-loving folks who come together each week to move and connect with their babies and one another to soulful, feel-good tunes. Sacramento GroovaRoo classes are all-levels, open to all caregivers, and are taught by certified instructor, Heather Applewhite. No prior dance or babywearing experience necessary.
Ready to get your Groove on?
Now Offering classes through Carmichael Parks!
Join us at the La Sierra Community Center on Wednesdays 11:30-12:30AM*
* All GroovaRoo classes subject to staggered start time as listed below
BABY WEARING TUTORIAL 30 min before class (1st and 3rd week of the month).
ALL ABOUT GROOVAROO 15 min before class: Introduction for first time dancers.
Pregnancy is the perfect time to start moving and bonding with baby in utero! In the womb, mother and baby move to the same heartbeat. Dancing with your baby is a natural extension of this vital, rhythmic synchronization. This low impact form of dance is ideal for pregnancy, and we think you'll love connecting with other new and expecting families. By the time baby arrives, you'll already have a circle of friends and a support network to plug right in to.
- Bond more deeply with your baby
- Improve baby's sensory-motor development
- Get a low-impact aerobic workout
- Socialize with other families
- Gain confidence as a new parent
- Have fun!
- Baby must be at least 6-weeks-old. There is no maximum age or weight-limit.
- Mom must be cleared for exercise (post-birth) by her doctor.
- Must have access to one of the approved carriers*
* If you cannot immediately purchase or borrow an approved carrier to bring with you, please contact Heather ASAP to see about borrowing one from the library during class.
*CARRIERS APPROVED FOR CLASS
- Soft Structure (e.g. Tula or Ergo)
- Stretchy (e.g. Moby)
- Meh Dai (e.g. Babyhawk)
Woven wraps are also okay for class if you are very familiar/comfortable using them. Baby Bjorns and ring slings are strictly prohibited as they do not offer baby and/or caregiver adequate support for dancing.
TIMES & LOCATIONS
(Please join our Facebook Group for up to date class info, cancellations, special events, etc.)
Payment must be received prior to the start of class. Punchcards are valid at all locations.
- Drop In = $15
- 4 class pass = $55
- 8 class pass = $85
VENMO: This is a convenient payment option with no service fee. Please note that you are responsible for paying the correct amount.
Credit Card: NOTE: a $3 service fee is added to online orders. Payments can be made in person with no fee the first week of the month, please come early to allow time for processing.
Cash or Check: Look for the MiM payment box at the life Center the first week of the month. There is a $20 fee for returned checks